Pollution control - clean air act approval
also known as: Chimney height, Clean Air, Combustion, Dust, Furnace, Grit, Smoke.
Pollution control - clean air act approval for heights of industrial chimneys
Clean Air Act Approval for Chimneys
You will need to apply for approval of a chimney
height if you intend to:
- Construct a new chimney OR,
- Increase the combustion space of an existing
- Add a new furnace to an existing installation
- Change the fuel burnt in an existing furnace
- Replace a furnace with one having a larger
AND the furnace or boiler burns:
- Pulverised fuel OR,
- Any other solid matter at a rate of 45.5
kilograms per hour or greater OR,
- Any liquid or gaseous matter at a rate
equivalent to 366.4 kilowatts or more.
A simplified decision guide is shown below,
however we suggest you always contact Environmental Protection to
discuss any biomass boiler/burner installation. You can contact us
through the Contact Us section above.