Contact us

Find out how you can contact us, either in person, by phone or online.

This page shows all of the ways that you can contact us, either in person, by phone or online.

Contact us online at any time

You can now instantly apply or pay for services on our website. Problems can also be reported at any time, day or night.

Contact us by phone

You can call us Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00 and Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
Please call 0345 600 6400 between these hours to speak to one of our Advisors.

Outside these hours your call will be answered by Northumberland Fire & Rescue Service and calls should be made in emergency cases only.

Customers with speech or hearing impairments
Customers with speech or hearing impairments can use the prefix 018001 to use a relay serivce. The service allows the 018001 prefix in front of our  0345 number routes the call through a relay service so the customer can type/text their enquiry using a textphone, mobile phone, computer, tablet or smartphone and the relay operator will read it to our contact centre staff

Contact us by post

Northumberland County Council

County Hall
NE61 2EF

Contact us in person

You can visit us Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
Alnwick Greenwell Lane, Alnwick, NE66 1HB (Closes at 4:30pm)
Ashington Wansbeck Square, Ashington, NE63 9XL
Bedlington Bedlington Library, Glebe Road, Bedlington, NE22 6JX
Berwick Walkergate Building, Walkergate TD15 1DJ
Blyth Blyth Library, Bridge Street, Blyth, NE24 1DJ
Cramlington Concordia, Cramlington, NE23 6YB
Hexham Queens Hall, Beaumont Street, Hexham, NE46 3LS
Morpeth Royal Sovereign House, Manchester Street, Morpeth, NE61 1AF
Seaton Delaval  Library, Astley High School, Elsdon Avenue, NE25 0BW

At any of our customer information centres you can:

  • get advice and information regarding any of our services anywhere in the county
  • arrange delivery of any council service anywhere in the county
  • make a payment for council services
  • submit applications along with supporting documentation or evidence
  • get assistance and advice in completing application forms
If your request can not be dealt with immediately, we will ensure the appropriate person or department will contact you.

PayPoint locations:
For extra convenience, you can also make a payment at any PayPoint or post office.

Find your nearest PayPoint

Report a problem here

The most common problems reported at this time of year are shown below. Please click on the links and let us know about your issues.

Report flooding on a road or blocked gullies
County Hall address:
Northumberland County Council
County Hall
NE61 2EF

Directions for visitors to County Hall

Using public transport:
Details are available from TRAVELINE on 08706 082608.
Local and long-distance trains serve Morpeth station, which has a taxi office and bus stops nearby.

Using your car:
Head north on the A1 from Newcastle and take the A197 signposted to Morpeth. Carry along this road to the outskirts of town and take the second turning on the right (signposted). The visitors' car park is the first turning on the right.
directions to county hall
Everyone has the right to live a life free from abuse. If you think that you or someone that you know has been the victim of abuse then please tell someone.

Abuse is when someone does or says things to you that make you upset or frightened.
  • Physical abuse includes being hit or slapped, being given the wrong medication on purpose, being locked in, tied up or force-fed.
  • Sexual abuse is being touched or kissed when you don't want it, being made to touch or kiss someone else, being shown sexual pictures or asked to make sexual pictures of yourself, being raped or being made to listen to sexual comments.
  • Sexual exploitation is when someone takes advantage of you sexually, using threats, bribes or violence to control you, and to get you to do sexual things for them or other people.
  • Emotional abuse means  being threatened, not being given choices, being bullied, being deliberately left alone for a long time or being tormented.
  • Financial abuse means having money or personal property stolen, being tricked out of benefits, someone borrowing money and not paying it back, or being bullied into letting people use credit cards or cheques.
  • Neglect means not being given enough to eat or drink, being left in dirty or wet clothes, being given the wrong medication or not being given your medication, someone not calling a doctor or nurse when help is needed or not being able to look after yourself.

Abuse can also include slavery, domestic abuse, organisational abuse and  discrimination.

You can report abuse and neglect by completing the form below, or you can contact us on 01670 536400 during office hours, or 0345 6005252 out of hours

If you are worried that someone is in immediate danger, you should call 999 for emergency services.