Here you will find consultation on proposed school partnerships, plans for academies and other changes to schools organisation.
Consultation in proposals for reorganisation of schools in the Coquet Partnership is now closed. The results of the consultation will be analysed and presented in a report to the Council's Cabinet in September this year.
The Council's Cabinet met on Tuesday 8 March 2022 to consider the following proposals for Atkinson House School, Seghill Northumberland;
All the above with effect from 1 September 2022.
Cabinet approved the above proposals for the following reasons:
1) The educational rationale of the proposal to increase SEMH places in Northumberland to meet the growing need for both boys and girls is sound.
2) The proposed building in Ponteland is an appropriate location for Atkinson House, being a former school.
3) The staff and Governing Body of Atkinson House School are fully supportive of the rationale and the proposal.
4) The funding for the necessary suitability works to the proposed building is in place.
5) Cabinet recognises and has considered the safeguarding concerns raised during consultation by Pele Trust, parents at the neighbouring provision and residents. Therefore, it is an expectation that NCC officers will work with neighbouring schools to ensure that the proposed safeguarding measures to the building are made in collaboration and agreed before putting in place. There is also an expectation that Atkinson House School will plan for an effective transition of its students, again working collaboratively on an ongoing basis with its neighbours to ensure that these concerns are allayed.
6) In the light of point 5), Cabinet will a require an update on how the transition and operation of the school has worked within 12 months of implementation.
Click here to let us know if you found the content of the page helpful
Choose the letter of the service you’re looking for