Things to do

Find activities available here.

Families who’re registered on Infolink are eligible for the My Max Card scheme. This entitles you to a Max Card, which gives free or discounted entry into many museums, galleries and heritage attractions across the country.

How do I get one?

The card is valid for children and young people up to the age of 18.

Please contact to apply for a card

For more information and to see where you can use the cards, please click here.

Short-break care services are available for disabled children, young people and their families.

Short breaks (formerly known as respite care) aim to:
  • give parents/full-time carers of disabled children and young people a break from caring
  • enable disabled children to have social opportunities, joining in with safe, fun and interesting activities
We’ve covered the basic information on short breaks below. For further information, please contact your child’s social worker.
Short breaks can be a few hours or longer, including overnight. 
They can be provided in different ways and could involve:
  • play and activity schemes
  • additional support so a child or young person can join in with a club or recreational activity in their community
  • someone caring for a child within their own home or the child’s home
  • extra support for the disabled child alongside family leisure and social activities
As short breaks can be provided in different ways, including play and activity schemes and individual support, providers can include the council and voluntary organisations offering group activities.  

Some families may prefer to organise their own support and can get in touch with us to organise direct payments, where money is paid directly to them by the council, so they can organise and pay for support themselves.

Not all families need specialist short-break provision and may find mainstream services, e.g. after-school clubs, holiday schemes and youth clubs, are able to meet their needs.
The additional support a disabled child may need should not be at an extra cost to their family. However, some activities and services have a cost which you would expect to pay whether a child is disabled or non-disabled. Families are expected to pay these costs.