What can I recycle at my Household Waste Recovery Centre?
Find out what can be recycled and disposed of safely at our Household Waste Recovery Centres.
The 12 centres are provided for householders to
recycle and dispose of waste - they do not accept any business
What can you recycle?
You can recycle the following:
- Automotive - car batteries, used engine oil, tyres
- Books (not at North Sunderland)
- Bric-a-brac (not at Berwick)
- Cans- (food and drinks cans - please rinse)
- Cardboard (please flatten and remove any plastic
- Cartons (please rinse)
- DIY materials (small quantities only) No asbestos permitted -
see hazardous waste
- Electrical items
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Paper (clean, no shredded paper)
- Plastic bottles (please rinse and remove lids)
- Textiles e.g. clothes and shoes (please bag and pair
details of what can be recycled at the 12 centres here.
What can’t be recycled?
Please put these things into the rubbish disposal area
- Plastic wrappings
- Nappies (please bag and tie at the top)
- Food waste (please bag and tie at the top)
For more information