We offer ongoing support and information to childcare providers, including childminders in Northumberland and those wishing to set up.
About the Northumberland childcare team
The childcare team offers support to registered childminders and childcare providers in Northumberland.
We’re responsible for:
- supporting the development of new childcare places
- supporting the development of the early years and childcare workforce
- promoting the quality of services
- ensuring key elements of the Sure Start programme are delivered
We also have a childcare development team who are there to support, advise and train all childcare providers.
What our childcare development team do
Our team of development workers are there to support, advise and train all childcare providers:
- provide information, advice and training to all childcare providers
- develop new childcare places in areas of identified need
- facilitate engagement by childcare providers with initiatives, eg children’s centres, the extended school’s programme and community regeneration
- make contact with individuals, groups and networks within communities, in order to bring people together in planning and providing childcare
- support local communities and providers in accessing resources from external funding sources
- support and mentor childcare providers to improve quality of care
Meet our childcare development team
We have a childcare development officer responsible for specific areas of Northumberland:
- Julie Murray, central Northumberland (including Ashington, Bedlington, Choppington, Lynemouth, Morpeth, Newbiggin and Pegswood)
- Maureen Doherty, north Northumberland (including Alnwick, Amble, Belford, Bamburgh, Berwick, Felton, Coquet, Rothbury, Seahouses and Wooler)
- Jill Prescott, west Northumberland (including Corbridge, Halthwistle, Hexham, North Tyne, Ponteland and Prudhoe)
- Diane Williamson, southeast Northumberland (including Blyth, Cramlington, Seaton Delaval and Seaton Sluice)
To contact any of the team call: 01670 623563.