Short Term Support Services rated Outstanding
08 Sep 2023
A service that helps people regain their independence after a serious accident or illness has retained its Outstanding rating following the latest inspection.
The Short Term Support Service (STSS) is registered in four geographical areas – Alnwick, Berwick, south-east Northumberland and west Northumberland.
The services in all four geographical areas have previously been rated as Outstanding and following the most recent inspections in Berwick and West Northumberland both services have retained the top rating.
Northumberland County Councillor Wendy Pattison, Portfolio Holder for Caring for Adults, said: “Our short term support services provide valuable support to help people regain their confidence and independence.
“These ratings are welcome recognition of the excellent care provided by staff on a daily basis.”
Inspectors highlighted that:
- People experienced consistent, effective and safe care from reablement staff.
- People, relatives, external professionals and staff all spoke highly of the service.
- People were supported to have maximum choice and control of their lives.
- Staff consistently described a sense of achievement from their work and relished supporting people to regain independence.
- There was a proactive approach to working with external partners which had a positive impact on the health and wellbeing outcomes people experienced.
The services are inspected by the CQC on a rolling schedule to ensure each service meets quality and safety standards.