Elections 2021: How to get involved and earn some summer spending
24 Mar 2021
There are a range of exciting temporary posts still available to assist with the election - before, on and after election day.
It’s a great way for people to see local democracy in action and make some extra money for summer.
Safety is an absolute priority and full training and support will be given on all the roles.
Roles and rates of Pay
- Presiding Officer - £292.16 (includes training & mileage allowance)
- Poll Clerk - £196.80 (includes training & mileage allowance)
- Postal Vote Opening Assistant - Day £10.30 per hour. Evening £12.88 per hour.
- Verification Assistant - £18.26 per hour
- Count Assistant - £12.56 per hour
The council is particularly after Poll Clerks and Presiding Officers to help staff the 228 polling stations which will be situated across the county.
Please note: No qualifications are needed but those applying must be over 18, eligible to work in the UK, literate and numerate, and on the electoral roll.
Click here to apply for a role.
Find out more