Free advice day for Landlords and property agents
12 Sep 2019
Landlords, property agents and anyone with an interest in private housing is invited to attend a free event aimed at providing them with important updates on new housing legislation and industry issues.
The event is being organised by Northumberland County Council and will be held at Blyth Sports Centre on Thursday 10 October.
The event will run from 9.30 am - 4 pm and lunch and refreshments will be provided without charge.
There will be a range of presentations from experts in their field:
In addition there will be a number of trade stands and information available from council officers and partner organisations.
The landlords forum is a partnership between Northumberland County Council, private landlords and letting agents who work to share information and ideas, promote the views of private landlords and contribute to the improvement of the county’s housing.
If you wish to attend or exhibit your services at the event please call
- James Wood from the Residential Landlords Association will talk about minimising the risk of rent arrears accruing and how best to recover money owed.
- Les Brown, Jacksons Law will provide an update on the legal aspects of being a landlord.
- Michael Boden from MJ Boden Chartered Surveyors will talk about leasehold properties, particularly short leases.
- Richard Lambert, Chief Executive Officer of the National Landlords Office will offer his perspective on changes within the sector, the probable impact on landlords and they can prepare.
- Craig Ducat, Northumberland Fire and Rescue will give a fire safety presentation.
01670 623071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book