Digital champions help residents get online
10 Oct 2019
Residents who don’t have access to the internet, or the skills they need to make the most of it, can get free help in Northumberland libraries.
The Library Service has started working with Being Woman UK who are based in Ashington to provide free 1-1 sessions in Ashington, Bedlington, Morpeth and Blyth Libraries.
Residents can book a session in a number of ways - calling into the library in person or telephoning the library or texting Being Woman UK on 07786472333.
Sessions are available:
With a little help from the champions, residents can get online for the first time, or learn a range of new skills including how to upload digital photos, hunt for jobs, shop and bank online and keep in touch with family and friends using Facebook, email or Skype.
Digital champions are also available to assist in a number of other libraries
- Ashington - Monday 09:30 - 11:30
- Blyth - Tuesday 09:30 - 11:30
- Morpeth - Wednesday 09:30 - 11:30
- Bedlington - Friday 09:30 - 11:30
- Amble Library - By appointment ask at library or telephone 01665 710419
- Bedlington Library - By appointment ask at library or telephone 01670 622202
- Berwick Library - By appointment on Wednesday 2-4pm Ask at library or telephone 01670 626097 to book a slot on a Wednesday.
- Cramlington Library - By appointment on a Wednesday and Thursday. Ask at the library or telephone 01670 620394 to book a slot.
- Hexham Library - By appointment on Wednesday 10am - 12pm, 1pm - 3pm) Ask at library or telephone 01670 620450 to book a slot. There are also Drop in IT help sessions every Wednesday 2pm - 3pm that you can just turn up to. A digital champion from No 28 Community Project is available on a Tuesday in the library.
- Haltwhistle Library - On a Monday 1.30-3.30pm Just drop in, no need to book. You can contact the library on 01434 321863
For further information go to www.mylibrary.co.uk