Advocacy service for Cared for Child or young person

What is advocacy?

Advocacy is when someone helps you to have your say or speaks for you, if you are struggling to be heard. Advocates support you to be involved in decisions that affect you.

Advocacy service for Cared for Child or young person

You could be:
  • worried about moving placements
  • feel like no–one is listening
  • wanting to change something but not sure how
Some things we can help with:
  • writing a letter to your social worker
  • attending meetings and giving adults your views
  • preparing for a review
  • information on your rights
“If you can’t use your voice…. use ours!"
Getting in touch

You can speak to an advocate using the details below: 


Phone or text:

Participation & Advocacy Team
Northumberland Youth Service
Northumbria House
Manor Walks Shopping Centre
NE23 6UR

We are available Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm. If we are busy, we have an answer phone and you can leave a message and we will get back to you within two working days.
Independent Advocacy Service

If you would prefer to speak to an independent advocate (someone who does not work for Northumberland County Council) you can contact us and we can put you in touch with someone.

Contact us:
Phone or text: 07966332280