This page tells you about health services for children and young people with SEN and disabilities and their families.


Health services are delivered by a number of different organisations including Northumberland County Council, Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust and Cumbria (NHCFT), Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Trust (CNTW).

If you have any questions regarding any of the health services in the local offer, and whether your child might benefit from referral, please discuss these with your GP or any of the existing health professionals involved with the care of your child.

Two heads next to each other with cogs above them working together

Support for Mental and Emotional Health

Find support for mental and emotional health.

Read more
various icons relating to physical health and fitness

Health Services

Local health services are provided by Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Trust and Newcastle Hospitals who provide care in your home, from your GP practice, in a primary care centre, and for children in schools.

Read more
Three people discussing the use of money they have

Personal Health Budget & Continuing Care Packages

Personal Health Budgets offer more choice and control over the support and services you get. Continuing Care Packages provide support when needs can’t be met by existing universal or specialist services alone.

Read more
A person offering their heart/kindness to someone

Voluntary and Community Sector Support

Information about voluntary and community sector support.

Read more