Have your say

Northumberland’s Local Offer is continually developing and your feedback is important to help us shape the future delivery.


We aim to be approachable, transparent, and constructive to make sure that all views are acknowledged and considered.

The feedback and comments we have received have been recorded, and can be found below, along with our response and subsequent actions.

If you would like to provide feedback with regards to:

  • the services on offer in Northumberland
  • the information we provide
  • general views on Northumberland's Local Offer website
Then please contact us:
Email: thelocaloffer@northumberland.gov.uk

Your views are important to us.

People connected by lines

Parent Carer Forum

Connect with other parents and carers to improve services for SEND children and young people.

Read more
Question and answer in speech bubbles


Leave a comment or ask a question about the local offer, see previous responses and sign up to the mailing list.

Read more
Form on a clipboard

Consultations and Surveys

Respond to our open consultations and see the results of our closed surveys.

Read more

Children’s social care (0-18 years) 

Where a child or young person has been assessed as having social care needs in relation to their SEN or Disabilities social care teams: 
  • provide early years providers, schools and colleges with a contact for social care advice on children and young people with SEN and Disabilities 
  • arrange provision under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act (CSDPA) 1970 when it is necessary and specified in an EHC Plan 

Adult social care (18 years or older) 

  • Young people with SEN or disabilities turning 18 may become eligible for adult social care services, regardless of whether they have an EHC plan or whether they have been receiving services from children’s social care. 
  • The Care Act 2014 sets out when young people are approaching, or turn, 18 and are likely to require an assessment for adult care and support.