I am writing to request the information specified in the enclosed table under the 2000 Freedom of Information Act. The questions addressed to local authorities refer to housing standards enforcement.
The answers are requested across the following financial years: 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17. If the information is/was held but is not available or accessible insert N/A in the appropriate cell. If the information is/was not kept inset N/K in the relevant cell. If questions cannot be answered because the cost of doing so is deemed to be unreasonable, please provide answers up until this point in the order they have been asked.
For Question 2, please provide the number of each type of hazard across the given categories of accommodation for all three years:
(e.g. 2a. Social Housing, 2014/15: F: 25 EC: 10 DM:13...etc)
a. How many staff were employed (directly or indirectly) by the Local Authority to inspect properties?
b. Of these, how many were qualified Environmental Health Officers?
c. Of these, how many were other staff?
2. In each of the following categories of accommodation (both single households and houses in multiple occupation/HMOs), specify the number of each type of Category 1 hazard assessed using the key: Fire=F, Excess Cold=EC, Damp and Mould=DM, Falling Hazards=FH, Carbon Monoxide (and products of Combustion)=CM, Crowding and Space=CS, Other=O
Private Renter Sector
3. How many of the following actions were taken under Part 1 of the 2004 Housing Act, whether for Category 1 or Category 2 hazards (s.11 &/or s.12)?
Improvement Notice (including suspended notices)
Prohibition Order (including suspended notices)
Emergency Remedial Action
Emergency Prohibition Order
Hazard Awareness Notice
4. In how many of the above instances (Q3) was the person having control a registered provider (Housing Association)?
5. Of the actions at Q3, how many were related to single household dwellings?
6. How many prosecutions were there for offences under Part 1?
7. On how many occasions was ‘work in default’ of compliance with an Improvement Notice carried out (including by agreement)?
Does the local authority have additional licensing or selective licensing for any of the years YES/NO
Whether or not there has been additional or selective licensing, how many units or accommodation have been improved by conditions attached to licences under Part 2 or Part 3 of the Housing Act 2004?