Deadline looming for LOVE Award entries 2017
16 May 2017 ARCHIVED (over 3 months old) - view latest news
The deadline is fast approaching for the submission of entries for the 2017 LOVE Northumberland Awards.
Community groups, schools and individuals can enter their environmental projects and initiatives for this annual celebration of activities which help to keep the county clean and green.
The awards mark out work which improves local areas for the benefit of members of the community and culminate in a presentation event at the Alnwick Garden with Her Grace the Duchess of Northumberland.
Entries are invited for:
Follow this link to find the entry form.
Paul Jones, director of local services and housing delivery at Northumberland County Council, said:
- Best new project (projects that are less than one year old);
- Best urban project (projects or work that happens in places where a lot of people live);
- Best coast or countryside project (projects that happen in more rural areas);
- Best young people’s project (where most of the participants are aged 12 to 25);
- Best children’s project (where most of the participants are aged 11 and under);
- Best school recycling project; and
- Outstanding individual (someone whose efforts towards their local environment make them stand out from the crowd).
“We urge groups, individuals, schools and youth groups to think about their activities within local communities, and consider whether any of them might be eligible to enter any of the LOVE Northumberland categories.
“Local projects can make a huge difference for communities and individuals, and as a council we want to celebrate this excellent work, and reward those who give time and effort to improving and enhancing our environment.
“Our staff will be happy to discuss projects, advise about application categories and how to apply.”
Further information and application forms are available online at and should be submitted by 5pm June 5th
You can find forms and more information at www.northumberland.gov.uk/LOVE
, or by phone on 01670 622992