2898 - Use of Airbnb
Reference Number: 2898
Request Date: 03/08/2017
1. A list of all Airbnb rentals made by your authority so far in 2017, and for 2016
For each record please provide:
a) the first half of the postcode (e.g. BS1, M4)
b) the dates rented
c) the cost, including any extra charges
d) the purpose of the stay
2. How many Airbnb rentals do you currently have on a retainer?
If you have any, for each one please provide the reason(s) why you have them on retainer.
3. How many reports have you received of Airbnb landlords allegedly letting their properties out for more than 90 days a year since January 1, 2016?
4. How many fines or other penalties have you levied to Airbnb landlords for letting their properties out for more than 90 days a year since January 1, 2016?
Response:We do not use Airbnb rentals.
3019 - Land at West Point, Hexham
Reference Number: 3019
Request Date: 31/08/2017
1. I would like to know how much was paid by the authority for the land at West Point, on the western outskirts of Hexham, postcode NE46 3RR, approximately 1.18 acres, that was purchased for the possible construction of a new fire station.
2. I would also like to know exactly the cost to the authority, how much the work of demolishing the old buildings and clearing the site was.
3. I would also like to know how much this site has now been sold for, as a development site.
1. Freedom of Information Act 2000 Section 21: Section 21 of the Act states that a public Authority does not need to provide information under section 1 of the Act if that information is reasonably accessible to the applicant by other means.
2. The site was acquired for £900,000. Demolition costs were £20,945 plus VAT.
Purchase details are available from the Land Registry Office https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/how-to-use-the-land-registry-portal
3. Freedom of Information Act 2000 Section 43(2): Information is exempt information it its disclosure under this Act would, or would be likely to prejudice the commercial interests of any person (including the public authority holding it)
We consider this to be exempt because the sale of the land has not been completed as yet.
Notice of Refusal
Please treat this letter as a Notice of Refusal as regards the information covered by the Section 43 and Section 21 Exemptions.
3051 - Service user / customer experience feedback surveys
Reference Number: 3051
Request Date: 07/09/2017
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would like to request the following information, for any Service User and/or Customer Experience feedback surveys and contracts in place within the Authority.
1. Current supplier of service user/customer experience feedback surveys (This may be more than one. For example, one supplier may be providing a survey solution for community feedback whilst a different supplier may provide a survey solution for feedback within care homes and another supplier for contact centre surveys. Please provide details of supplier contracts for all).
2. Value of individual contract(s). Please specify whether “including VAT” or “plus VAT”.
3. Renewal date of current contract(s).
4. Contact details of officer(s) responsible for the contract(s).
5. Brief description of service provided by current supplier.
6. Where contracts have been renewed in the last 6 months, please can you also provide a shortlist of suppliers that bid for each contract.
7. Typical route to tender (i.e., what procurement portal or individual quote requests etc.).
8. Does the authority own and/or run Care Homes and if yes, how many.
(a) The survey form that is provided as part of the google operating system/software package.
(b) Picker Institute Europe
(c) National Highways and Transport Network
(a) no charge
(b) £13,200 (including VAT)
(c) Annual fee = £8700.00
(a) not applicable
(c) No contract in place. Annual membership
4. Not applicable
(a) & (b) Not applicable
(c) Annual Customer Service Satisfaction survey for Highways and Transport
6. Not applicable
7. Dependent upon value of term as to route. Any quotes or tenders would be published through ProContract. ProContract is widely used across the Public Sector. ProContract can be access using the following Council Link https://procontract.due-north.com/Login or Google.
8. The authority has two in–house care homes.