In November 2013, the council approved its corporate plan for 2013 to 2017. It’s the council’s main strategic planning document and is a clear statement of the vision, strategic aims and policy priorities of the authority.
Corporate priorities for 2013 - 2017
- Economic growth – our aim is to promote a more prosperous county that provides high wages, skilled jobs and opportunities to create thriving businesses.
- Places and environment – our aim is to maintain and further improve the quality of our towns, villages and countryside, making it easier for residents to access services, high-quality and affordable homes, and to travel freely.
- Stronger communities and families – our aim is to ensure all residents feel genuinely safe, belong and have a say in how the county is run. We aim to provide a range of quality community and cultural services, and facilities to inspire creativity and participation.
- Health and wellbeing – our aim is to ensure everyone has the opportunity to lead healthy, independent lives for as long as possible and to safeguard our most vulnerable residents.
- Developing the organisation – our aim is to grow a unified council where all staff and elected members understand their role and are collectively motivated to deliver excellent services as effectively and efficiently as possible.
What the corporate plan is used for
- informs the budget-setting process for the whole council
- provides the policy framework for each council service to produce a service statement (click here to access all service statements for 2015-17)
- outlines our approach to transforming the way services are delivered
- shapes our ongoing organisational development