The Northumberland Uplands local action group (NULAG) uses the LEADER system to promote bottom-up, local decision-making that is appropriate and beneficial for the area.
The action group is made up of local people passionate about the area.
What NULAG does
The members of the local action group are tasked with compiling a local development strategy and making decisions about the different projects that will be financed in the area to help deliver that strategy. The current strategy runs until 2020.
Projects that have been supported in the past include:
- diversification at Moss Peteral Farm
- establishing three new branches of the fire service’s Northumberland Young Firefighters' Association
- helping the Humshaugh community shop
- developing the Kielder Observatory
- helping to fund the national park’s automatic wildfire detection system
NULAG is also committed to its youth initiative, working on the ground to deliver enterprise support to young people living in the uplands. They also give the chance for young people to express their views.
More NULAG information
For more information on the projects and aims of the local action group, visit the Northumberland Uplands site
- For further information, contact Gillian Cowell: email@example.com